The Academy of Music & Arts is a private resource that is offered at the Hickory Grove Baptist Church Main Campus. As a private resource, Hickory Grove is merely the conduit that directs clients to the musical services that the Academy offers.
The teachers in the Academy are fully qualified and have had full background checks. The Academy provides the teachers with studio space to conduct lessons, so all you pay is a small registration fee to HGBC and monthly tuition to the teachers. PLEASE NOTE: Students may be asked to purchase music books, per teachers’ instruction.
The Academy will follow the HGCS calendar for closings and Hickory Grove Baptist Church calendar when applicable. Lessons will not be administered when the school does not meet.
We currently offer lessons in PIANO, VIOLIN, and VOICE. Private instrumental lessons are available for children (age 7) through adults.
- $40/yearly (August to May)
- $20/mid-year (January to May)
- Summer classes are available without a registration fee.
Instrumental Lesson Fees:
- 30 minutes – $22/weekly
- 45 minutes – $33/weekly
- 60 minutes – $44/weekly
- A 30-day notice is required to discontinue lessons.
- A make-up lesson for an excused absence is available once each semester. Excused absences include illness, emergency, or a death in the family.
- If the instructor cancels a lesson, the instructor will provide either a financial credit or a make-up lesson.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or PRINT OUT AND COMPLETE THIS FORM and return it, with registration fee, to Guest Services. Please make checks payable to Hickory Grove Baptist Church. PLEASE NOTE: There will be a $20 fee for all returned checks.
NOTE: Before submitting a registration, please contact the Worship Office at 704-531-4013 to confirm teacher availability.
For more information about the Academy of Music & Arts, please contact the HGBC Worship Ministry at 704-531-4013.